Section 184 /26 Information Certificates
When a strata titled property is sold, the seller must obtain a statement of levy positions (information certificate) from the owners corporation manager in accordance with Section 184 of the Strata Schemes Management Act 2015. The information certificate is then used for the purposes of settlement.
The fees for a Section 184 Information Certificate are:
- AUD $109.00 for standard turnaround (14 business days) * An additional $54.50 applies for an additional lot comprising a garage, parking space or storeroom (Total $163.50 for this option)
- AUD $164.09 for urgent turnaround (24 hours) *An additional $79.54 applies for an additional lot comprising a garage, parking space or storeroom (Total $243.63 for this option)
The fee for a Neighbourhood Association Section 26 Certificate is:
- AUD $94.00 per lot. (standard turnaround).
Prices are excluding GST.
Phone: (02) 6678 2400
Please specify the property address and the certificate and turnaround that you require so we can provide the appropriate pricing.
Under the NSW strata schemes management legislation, the certificate must be supplied within 14 days of receipt of the application. TCM Strata Coastal we aim to have the certificates issued within a few days of receipt, but each certificate is different, and we cannot guarantee this time frame. Please note that all requests are processed within our business hours of 8.30am–5.00 pm Monday to Friday. The turnaround time will commence upon receipt of the request and cleared payment.
Are you looking to buy a unit?
If you’re considering purchasing a unit in strata scheme, there are a few things you need to know first. Your solicitor/conveyancer may also recommend you obtain this valuable document as it provides you with information about the property you are interested in.
Decision to buy the unit or not could depend on your findings in the Section 184
A section 184 certificate is typically prepared in response to the sale of a unit and is primarily used for the purposes of determining any financial adjustments (for monies prepaid or owing) that should be made or included to the settlement final figure.
What is a Section 184 Certificate and why should you obtain one?
A section 184 certificate highlights important facts about the financial situation of the building and the lot you are interested in and it’s a good idea to do your research before you purchase into the strata scheme complex.
What information is contained in a Section 184 Certificate?
The content of the section 184 certificate is prescribed under Schedule 1 of the Strata Schemes Management Regulation 2016.
A summary of the key information contained within the certificate are as follows:
- Ownership details and individual lot details as recorded on the strata scheme strata roll
- Details of members elected to the strata committee
- Details of the strata managing agent
- Details of the facilities/building manager/caretaker (if applicable)
- Details of levies and other charges raised against the individual lot
- Details of any by-laws not yet registered on title or consolidated by-laws
- Details of insurances held by the strata plan
- Details of any legal proceedings
Who can order a Section 184 Certificate?
A section 184 certificate can only be requested by the owner, mortgagee or covenant chargee of the lot (or a person authorised by the owner, mortgagee or covenant chargee). As such, the request for the certificate is usually submitted by the vendor’s conveyancer/lawyer.
A request for a section 184 certificate must be made in writing to the owners corporation and must be accompanied by the current prescribed fee.